Saturday, December 11, 2010

gypsyhawk patches

So you're in a band.. you go on tours, play local shows, you've got some records and cool shirts to sell.
Problem: you keep selling all the smalls and XL's and get stuck an excess of size large.
Solution: get smart like Gypsyhawk and hire me to turn them into band patches!


I take the excess of shirts:


Cut out the logo then back it with some interfacing for support/strength:

I find that my rotary cutter gets the job done much faster with more precision than scissors. Just remember to use a ruler :)

Next I stitch the edges to lock everything in and trim the edges.

 

Viola!! Your $10 non-salable/waste of space shirt just turned into a hot $8 patch (or your hot $10 patch?? you name the price..I won't judge)


Bands will just cut up the t-shirt and sell it like that but with my interfacing touch, its going to last way longer and look better. I use a lightweight interfacing that still gives the knit some movement but isn't too floppy or hard to work with.  Interfacing also gives support, so you can wear it through rain/shine/snow/fire/lightning and its going to last way longer than if it were bare backed.

You can sew it onto your favorite jacket, tote bag, backpack, sleeping bag, whatever. Sport it.

Listen to Gypsyhawk at www.myspace.com/gypsyhawkusa


1 comment: